Monday, December 2, 2013

Celtic Solstice!

The mystery has begun! This year I am partaking in a mystery quilt! Every week there will be clues posted and hundreeds of people are sewing along! yay.. This is the linkup for this weeks progress! http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/12/celtic-solstice-mystery-monday-link-up-1.html

Here is my progress.. The instructions call for blue and yellow.. Looked in the stash,, no yellow. However,, I have A TON of pink.. so pink it is, I actually decided to change all colors but one, we will see how that turns out. It is always a gamble to change colors, but these are my colors and if it doesn't work out, well then I have reduced my stash lol..
 The best thing about a scrap quilt is that the fabrics remind me of the quilts they came from and the people that recieved them :)
These are going to be my colors..red orange pink and brown. The background is one color.. The reason? I bought 2 yards of butter cream fabric a while back ago.. This turned out to be a mistake! Buttercream does not go with anything!! It is just too yellow. But so far so good in this quilt!.. Also I think my quilt will be more of a tequila sunrise than a celtic solstice lol..
 
I also made another french general quilt. I am waiting to get the border fabric until after the big move!
3 more weeks! yikeess time flies. The good thing is that the military will move us, so they will pack our stuff,, still it feels weird to sit in a house with no moving boxes at all knowing that in 3 weeks we will be moving across the country!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, I'm really loving your color choices for Bonnie's mystery quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colors! I had a lot of pink in my stash too and changed my colors to pink, brown, maroon, grey and neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thank you guys! This is a lot of fun! I love seing everyones progress, sure keeps me motivated!

    ReplyDelete