Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas party!

Lately things have been hectic around the house! I guess it is dawning on me that we are moving in two weeks.
Today was a nice relaxed day, exactly what I needed after a long stressful week.
It was my quilt class holiday potluck! Each year I look forward to our potlucks, these ladies makes some good food! I have been truly blessed while here in California, I have some of the best friends.
Because I am leaving the ladies made me a quilt :) And let me tell you : it is beautiful! Look at those colors! It is so balanced and bold, something I struggle with in my own quilting.It is a truly amazing gift that I can cherish and remember each of the ladies by! Their own inddividual style and personality is in their block and it is just stunning! And yes, the block on the upper left is actually a dresden variation! ( my quilt teacher JoAnn made it!)

 I had made pincushions for the ladies, they got to pick their fav :)
Also my swoon came back from my quilter Sandy! Looking great I really like the feathers, and until I make another big quilt this one is going on our bed! yay,, I just love pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment