Sunday, November 3, 2013

The worst Halloween ever! and quilt progress

I have been working along on my Cathedral stars quilt and I have about a third done I think. It is coming along well. My friday morning quilt group voted unanimously on the first option. The original pattern ( found under free patterns on Bonnie Hunters blog) calls for the second setting. Well I still haven't made up my mind! But the good thing about laying them out two times is that I found a goof! ( can you spot it?)


 
The error is small it is one of the half square triangles that is turned the wrong way!
Would have been frustrating though!.
 
In other news: James wrote his name! and Trick or Treating was cancelled!
The reason? James bit his brother! I had warned him not to hit his brother, but I suppose biting is a whole different deal! I felt really bad that he wouldn't be able to go trick or treating and even worse when it took us a long time to get home after a lot of marine corps related errands ( my husband had to pick up some stuff for a uniform inspection. Either way James said that it would be the worst Halloween ever, but after we got home we handed out some candy and went over to our neighbors who were screening a cartoon on their garage door, and james got to trick or treat at our neighbors house. It didn't turn out as bad as expected.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment