Saturday, November 16, 2013

Progress?

Well I had hoped to have more done on my challenge quilt. The truth is I had a physiology test this week and inlaws visiting ( the sewing room doubles as a guestroom). I did however finish 6 more stars
 and the bow ties are coming along ( this is what I make of my leftover scraps)
I am hoping that my cathedral stars will be done in time for the new mystery quilt!

 I also couldn't help but buy some fat quarters from the downton Abbey fabrics! aren't they gorgeous??
 I think they would make a great swoon! ( yeah I know I just finished a swoon! maybe a smaller one?) As always my ideas are greater than the amount of time that I have. But hey, a girl can dream.
Well time to get back to my lab report.. Who would have thought there were so many ways a person could have type B blood... ( yes I have now made 4 schedules for type B heterozygous blood and just realized I need two more... gaaah lol) I do enjoy physiology though..

4 comments:

  1. Cathedral Stars is a good one to use the Peaky and Spike rulers. I love using templates for accuracy. I want some Downton Abbey Fabric too. I hope the local LQS gets some in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I started making Cathedral stars after I bought 4+ yards of the yellow.. It was supposed to be a backing for a quilt,, but it turned out to be the wrong color!! yikees,, Well I am happy that it made its way into this quilt.. Fat quarter shop ( the online one) has Downton abbey too! ( in case your local store doesn't carry it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making some spools as leaders and enders. Aren't they cute?? Keep plugging away and I think you'll get your project done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) They are too cute! I am thinking the spools will take a year or so.. but it really is like getting a bonus quilt! I have made all the pieces for the cathedral stars and I just have 7 more blocks! looking like it might happen! Thank you for the challenge it really helped me, I am giving the quilt to charity ( I decided when I started that every tenth one I make will be donated) so I am thrilled that it is getting done!

    ReplyDelete