Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter has been a whirlwind! I drove to Vegas wednesday after class. About an hour into our trip I hear a thudding sound. Not good!
So I get off the freeway and make it to the march airforce museum parking lot. It takes about me getting out and looking at the tire to realize I have a flat. Although I could probably fix it seeing how I have had more flats than most people ( I know there is such a thing as rotating tires and not driving over curbs) . But I decide it is better to call AAA, now here is the thing I don't have a smart phone. Well good thing I have friends that were around before the massive invasion of these devices that have common sense. Well after calling my friend she kindly suggests 411.
This little adventure cost me 3 hours and about 300$ but after that I was on the road again. Vegas was a blast and we spent a day poolside with my inlaws.
On the way back the freeway stopped so I rolled down the windows as we watched the police helicopter circle above us. The guy in the car next to me started talking and I found out he had lost three months wages in Vegas. He said we were unlucky to be sitting in a traffic jam especially since I was going all the way to Oceanside ( he was representing LBC). It was then that it hit me. We weren't the unlucky ones. We were sitting in our cars on our way home. The sirens from the ambulance was for someone up there. Someone that was truly unlucky.
Also I realized that ten years ago I would have broken down and cried about the flat tire.. But this mama grew up and learned to deal with most things.

My handsome easter boys going to church
The easter bunny left some stuff ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment