Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Time flies!

Is it just me or does time go by faster the older you get? As a child it always seemed like forever until my birthday or Christmas. Nowadays it seems as though I can barely keep up!
Either way I have been keeping busy. Mostly quilting ;). But also doing some fun stuff with the kids and ofcourse kept busy asking my math teacher a million questions ( God bless his heart he has so much patience)
Me and the kids went to queen Kalifas magical cirlcle. It is a beutiful sculpture garden in Escondido. But given the weather in Escondido I only go in winter or early spring ( I am still Swedish after all and I don't like it over 90 degrees F. and 100 makes me think I am dying!)
While in Kit Carson park I found a park bench in memory of a woman. Well that is all nice and dandy but her name was written right where one would put ones bum. Now,, hmm I don't know if I would want a park bench in my memory so people could rest their bum on me lol. But to each is own. Ofcourse I didn't know this person ;).

I love these mosaics in Queen Kalifas magical circle!
A pincushion that I made. something pink and happy!
My past time while watching the kids run around the house having a race ( adding the binding)

Remember those Christmas quilts I made? well there were some left over halfsquare triangles. So I made a tabletopper. The blocks are tiny at 3".( kinnda makes me a little bit dizzy)
Eli's little hand reaching for some of the mosaics created by Nikki Saint Phalle

No comments:

Post a Comment