Thursday, November 1, 2012

When you aim for superwoman and end up as cookie monster.

Last night was Halloween and I had great plans to be Super Woman. However I could not find my costume!! I had worn the shirt on sunday for a pumpkin carving party and apparently it just vanished! So with a Batman (James) and a Robin (Eli) I would have to be cookie monster. It was the only thing I could come up with about half an hour before we had to leave.
I found myself thinking about how true to life this scenario was, I always try to be superwoman but end up being more like cookie monster. I find that most everybody is chasing that superwoman ideal, the "I can do anything and have my hair done". And when we fall short we get discouraged. Not realizing that what we are striving for is impossible. Most women that I talk to say the same thing, I want to feel useful and make money. But at the same time they want time for their kids and a better education. Sure, sure this is all possible.. But not at the same time,, ( unless you want a heart attack).
Either way, my goal is to try to embrace my inner cookie monster and do the best I can do...
This week hasn't been as crafty as I would have liked it too.. A math quiz and a math test made sure of that,, And then ofcourse Halloween.
But I did manage to have time to make these!
Two Eiffel tower pillow cases, I have had these planned in my head for a long time lol.. But I had to order a fabric that would match because the blue didn't go with any of my million choices at home lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment