Tuesday, November 20, 2012

How do you do traditional, when you don't know the tradition?

So, it is the week to be thankful here in the states, and I am going to make a turkey. This will be the first time for me, I have convieniently dodged this chore for the last 8 years. The first couple of years I didn't celebrate, and then my husband was in Iraq. The next 4 years I spent at my mother in laws,I pulled the foreigner card, and got to do odds and ends ( like making shaped cookies).Last year my husband made the turkey. And so we come to this year, I will have to do it myself! And it isn't even for my kids, they are little and probably wouldn't remember. It is for me, I have come to like Thanksgiving, turkey,gravy and pie.
Well on thursday I will be bringing out the baster and stick my hand in the turkeys butt (oh I am sooo hoping there will be no guts in there!)
Wish me luck!


Eli's newest obsession is to put on my shoes and walk around in the house.
 James wearing his toy boxes.
 My craft table aka the kitchen table(lol) Working on some stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment