Thursday, January 31, 2013

spring in CA

It will be seven years this month. That is since I first met my husband. It was a blind date set up by friends and we met in the McDonald's parking lot. One of the first things I noticed, well actually the second thing (the first was that he was very polite and held the door for me) was that he had a big blue truck. It was shiny and clean and I sat way high so that I could see much better than from my old saturn. Later I came to name the truck Jake.
Yesterday I headed out in Jake, I did what my husband normally would do, lowered the windows and played some country music. It was a great day for cruising :).
Tomorrow I welcome feb! over halfway done with the deployment and well on our way into spring. The oranges on my tree are starting to get ripe now (which as well as a blessing is a big headache as there are literally a thousand oranges on that tree.)
The boys can be out in the yard which they sure enjoy, jumping on the trampoline and playing in the sandbox, doghouse or planters.




Others than welcoming spring I have been captivated by a book about Tasha Tudor, and ofcourse working on my heart quilt.. As you can see its a work in progress lol.


1 comment:

  1. Hejsan på dig snygging! ;-D trevligt att hitta din blogg.. och måånga vackra Quilts du håller på med ser jag.
    Grattulerar på 7års dagen också! tänk att tiden går så rackarns fort va?!.. har själv svårt att förstå att det var 9 år sedan jag och Jimmy träffdes. ;-)

    hoppas du får en härlig Helg!

    kram Katta

    ReplyDelete