Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bad news that turned out to be good news!

For the past 6 weeks I have been in summer school. It is intense to say the least! Chemistry in 6 weeks is insane! I was finding myself having very little time to do anything but study, which meant that my quilting had to be put on the shelf :(..  Yesterday I saw the preliminary scores on the teachers web page and I thought that I would end up with a B!! All this effort for a B I thought.. I was bummed to say the least! But as we sat down for dinner I realized that if the worst day of 2013 was me getting a B in Chemistry then I was having a pretty good year.

Well today I checked my grade again ( yes I am obsessive with such things lol) and to my surprise, there was an A!! The preliminary scores had not shown the lowest test score being dropped! I was so excited and am now back to being a 4.0 student.

I am surely enjoying having some time off and today I even made 2 crumble pies! one strawberry rhubarb and one apple! yummy if I may say so myself.. I also went to Walmart and picked up Downstown Abbey! And I have had some time to sew and relax, we also went to a county fair but it had no animals! oh well.. things are looking good.
Eli decided to take a nap on the way to the fair
 rag quilt that I made for Eli
 Swoon block, I don't think that this one will make the cut though because it is hard to see the pink..

2 comments:

  1. I think the contrast in the pink swoon block is good! I have one more "little" swoon to make & I'm ready to put the whole thing together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Sandy! I wish I could make you make it bigger so the rest of us could keep up lol.. but lets face it there is nothing bigger than king! I will show one that I just finished that I think will be one of the two variations on friday :) Looking forward to seeing your blocks on friday

    ReplyDelete