Saturday, June 22, 2013

Finally some quilting!

This week has been all about chemistry. The summer semester is always intense, especially when a lab is required. But hey, I am 1/6th done!
Well yesterday I got some much needed relax time! My friend and fellow quilter Sandy recently purchased a longarm quilting machine, and she graciously invited the whole quilt group to her home so that we could try it out!
I was very pleased with the results, and it was fun too! We also had a potluck lunch on her deck and it was delicous.
Some other great news are: I am getting my own sewing space in the house! ( well in the guestroom behind the garage, but that doesnt matter a bit to me) The whole thing came about after I bought a roll of 25yds of batting ( the stuff that goes in between quilt layers) After playing around with it my husband asked me where we would put it. Now, there just isn't any space left, at all! Sooo my husband suggested that we do some quick fixes to the guest room and put a table and draw an extension cord out there!! yay! My very own sewing space. I can barely wait to make it my own happy pink sewing space!!
Lindsay working on her basket table topper! Those blocks are 4" yikes!
My Christmas wreath!
Sandy and JoAnn trying to decide on the best pattern for JoAnn's shamrocks, below is the finished quilting on my wreath! Holly berries!



 

Lindsay's baskets getting quilted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment